Sunday, October 7, 2012

Weekend

Wow, I am a MoFo'n slacker! Here's what managed to make it behind the lens over the past several days.


On Thursday I swung by Trader Joe's, which is right near where Miss M takes her art class. I wanted to make Friday a super-lazy cooking day. I know she loves waffles, and our waffle maker has uses, so I grabbed the house-brand Gluten-Free kind, knowing that she wouldn't be down with the multi-grain variety. It was a wild success the next morning.



For lunch I made a green curry tofu for Ash & I. Actually, I threw this stuff in a pot, tossed in some cubed tofu and had the rice cooker doing it's thang. It was about as simple as I could do it. I have that little voice in me that reminds me of all the packaging I'm wasting when I don't buy stuff fresh or from the bulk section, but I was able to turn it off long enough appreciate the deliciousness of it.
We went to a really awesome sushi place across the street from our house, but I didn't take pictures! Yeah, I know, cool story... 



On Saturday we had our first adult party at the house! The kids were at the grandparents and we had a smashing good time. I was able to capture this pizza before it was near-instantly devoured. It's baby spinach, kalamata olives, roasted garlic and Beyond Meat Chicken-Free Strips, which are dope.

PIZZZZZA


That's some sort of yogurt dip that I didn't touch.
To cap off the weekend Ash and I went to a place nearby called the Sharazad (warning: link has music). We ordered a platter without whatever it was that had beef in it, seasoned french fries and falafel sandwiches. My favorite thing was to dip the falafels in the chili walnut paté stuff. I really enjoyed it overall. We needed to leave before we were able to check out the market half of the building, so I would definitely like to go back.







Excuse the odd formatting. Thanks for checking it out, I'll be back soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment