Sunday, October 9, 2011

Day 8

So far, it looks like all I eat is fake-meaty and carby stuff. Well, maybe it's VeganMoFo and I just feel like getting a little bit ridiculous, ok?

I do actually get fresh fruits and veggies in, but it seems boring to take a picture of an apple or some walnuts. Here's a healthy staple of mine that's more picture-worthy. Find a blender, grab two bananas, some flax seeds, non-dairy milk and fill the rest with kale (stem removed).















Not too long after I drank this masterpiece, I get a phone call from a starving friend that has no food in their house. "BLTs?" I ask. She doesn't really care because she's starving, so I pack up my ingredients and bring the puppy along.

I forgot that I had no bread, so we picked up some rye at the country mart. I was pretty excited, it was my first time trying the fake bacon. How did I do it? Toast the bread, apply a generous amount of vegenaise (the kind w/ grapeseed oil of course), 3 strips pan-fried Smart Bacon, a fat tomato slice, avocado slices (YES) and lettuce



There was nothing at her house, not even cooking oil, so I just heated the bacon on the pan while being careful to make sure it didn't stick. I made this later with the oil in the pan. As expected, it was a bajillion times better, so FRY IT UP. Also, today I used the rest of the bacon to make a bacon and peanut butter sandwich. It was good, but nowhere near the BLT.

Dry Fried BLT





I was interested in what Awesome Girlfriend wanted to do in the evening, so we had dinner and a movie! This is was really exciting because it's the rare occasion for me. She wanted some sort of pasta-carby goodness and I kept it simple. Here's what happened: Dumped a pound of speghetti in a pot of boiling water. Poured a bottle of Muir Glen Organic Tomato Basil Pasta Sauce in a smaller pot on medium-low. Diced up some mushrooms, threw 'em in the pot. Grabbed a package of Smart Ground, threw half of it in the pot. Grabbed four slices of rye, spread Earth Balance on, dusted them with garlic powder and tossed e'm in the oven. Drained the pasta.

I plated everything on a TV dinner tray and then we watched Trollhunter, which was fun and entertaining.



Today was leftovers, so nothing new to write about. Tomorrow I have work scheduled. Maybe I'll come up with a neato packed lunch, but usually it's a Chipotle burrito. Tuesday is one of my best friend's birthday, and he's cooking! Pretty excited about that. Thanks for reading!

4 comments:

  1. I totally relate! I'm making an effort to share fun recipes for MoFo and it certainly doesn't reflect my "usual" way of eating!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ha ha ha... my MoFo is going the same way. I was looking over the pictures from it and it's like "here's a brown crunchy thing, here's a beige crunchy thing, here's a beige creamy thing" and on and on. I really DO eat vegetables... green ones, even... but for whatever reason, they just haven't shown up that much in my MoFo this year.

    Also, the sign of a true friend is willingness bring you vegan BLTs at the drop of a hat. Your friend is lucky!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That plate of pasta looks delicious & I could definitely et that sandwich right now. Your is also the second blog of the day that's reminded me that I need to drink more smoothies & juices.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I bet that pasta was tasty, even if the recipe was a bit off the cuff!

    ReplyDelete