Monday, October 3, 2011

Seattle Trip

Vegan MoFo has officially kicked off and I'm late for the party. I was busy celebrating my birthday in Seattle. I did normal things you should do while in town: hit up Pike's Place, drink coffee (I'm normally caffeine-free), walk a TON, hopped in on some protests, go to a music festival, annnnd of course took breaks for some vegan eats!

Sometimes I do my research before I travel to a city with such diverse options. This time I just went on HappyCow, wrote down 5 addresses and if we got close to one we would stop in. Not on the list was a veg thai place called Wedgwood II. The three of us ordered the Panang Curry, Yellow Curry and the Red Curry because we're curry freaks and had to try them all.

Consensus was... most excellent! The Red Curry (Gang Gai), was my favorite. It didn't quite top that thai curry dish I had in Norman, OK (there are lots of surprises in the mid-west), but the service and the folks working were delightful.

The other experience relevant to vegan food-blogging was at a bar. We got the Fish n' Chips, 'cause that's what people eat when they visit Seattle, right? I wanted to order so much stuff off the menu, but we were put off by the service, unfortunately our dude working that night was not attentive enough. I would go back to try out more stuff. They were doing vegan bar food right.

One night in Port Angeles I made everyone these killer burritos with soyrizo, guac, salsa, black beans, brown rice, sautéed onions & peppers, tomatoes and lettuce. I totally didn't take a picture! Lesson learned. Just trust me, they rocked that big old farm house.

Now that I'm back home, I'll get to the meat of what vegan blogging is all about. Wait, no I won't. But what I will do is show you some really awesome food, most of it being either my creation or that of a local vegan. Expect more soon!


Some produce at Pike's Place

Matsaman

Fish n' Chips

1 comment:

  1. Awesome first post. Likes like a fun time. I can't wait till I go back to Seattle.

    ReplyDelete