Monday, October 17, 2011

KC trip

Saturday's demonstration was so awesome. OccupyKC really has their shit together and it's exciting to see democracy in action. I mentioned I was going to cook a whole bunch of chili, but this didn't work out. I don't get more food stamps until Wednesday. There was another group that cooked a gigantic amount of chili, but it was full of cow.

At the base camp, they had two stews: one veggie and one with animals in it. I tried some of the edible one. Someone could learn how to cook potatoes, but after marching all day, it was satisfying. I will make it back there soon with some really awesome grub. They deserve it.

freedom stew

Since I was in Kansas City I absolutely HAD to stop by FÜD. If you are ever in the Kansas City area, do yourself a favor and stop here. I've been to quite a few vegan restaurants in the US/Canada and this has got to be one of the best. And it's THE absolute best place to get a shake in Kansas City, hands down. I have yet to try everything on the menu, so this time I got a Jack Phish Taco and the Cheesy Mac Bowl. While I really enjoyed the taco, the mac n' chee was bomb. It's like something I would've had at my grandmother's house. Crumbly on the top, lightly baked to perfection. And the cheeziness was spot on, it could fool any dairy-eat'n mac & cheespert. If you are a local, go there. 




Currently there are 7 lbs of carrots at the house. I'm sure they will end up in most dishes for a while. Sometime this week I'm gonna do a pulled pork sammy; first, a KC-style one then a NC-style.


Thanks for reading!

No comments:

Post a Comment