Wednesday, October 26, 2011

lunches

Sometimes you get a call from a client to be there in an hour and you don't realize you're going to be there for 13 hours. So I ate two Chipotle burritos on Monday because I wasn't prepared. Not that I don't like a chipotle burrito, but lesson learned, again! Invest in snacks and make enough for leftovers!

I am my mother's personal chef. Here's a few lunch salads I made for her. Just whatever I have in the fridge. Lately for a dressing I've been doing olive oil and red wine vinegar w/ salt, pepper, garlic & onion powder, basil, oregano and a dab of dijon mustard. Mix it, toss it, yummm.



Last week there was an absolutely beautiful October afternoon, so my friend Brain and I took the opportunity to have a BBQ picnic lunch in Blind Boone park. I even brought the propane stove.

I had a package of Gardein's BBQ Pulled Shreds, two ciabatta rolls, a spicy slaw from Bryant Terry's "Vegan Soul Kitchen" and fried plantains. After it was all over, I wondered why I hadn't been making lunch in the park all summer, or any time in the past I can remember.







When I was in the city not too long ago, I picked up a whole bunch of nutritional yeast. Score! This meant I HAD to make some mac & cheeze with the box of tri-color pasta I had.





I have some more food items I've never used before, my plans are to use as many as I can in some interesting combination. And maybe I'll take some to work tomorrow!

No comments:

Post a Comment