Friday, October 14, 2011

Vegan MoFo Week II

Wow, I wasn't aware of how bad I neglected this! I looked at the photos on my camera and was surprised at all the neat things I made! This whole time I thought I was just staring at the pretty colors in the neighbor's yard.


Here's a standard of mine. Onions, garlic, cabbage, carrots and a bean (chickpea). Super cheap and the ingredients don't parish quickly. Add a green for your health. All I had was parsley. Spice it up with salt, pepper, paprika and whatever else. Serve over rice or some other grain.


I was hungry the other night, so I pulled out some leftovers. Spaghetti noodles and seitan. What to do? FRY IT UP!  SPICE IT UP!

with parsley to make it fancy!

The other day was one of my best friend's birthday, and he cooked for me and his mother. How super awesome! He did a hot sauce glazed tempeh with messy rice. This was delicious. I cook so often for myself and others that I forget what it's like for someone else to cook for me. It feels really good! Hmm, maybe that's why people like me... Thanks Brian!


So when I went up to the city and went on a spree in the natural foods store, one of the things I saw was Japanese sweet potatoes. Never heard of 'em. How could I not grab some? I had them for about a week and I wasn't sure what to do with them.

Speak to me, O tubular ones.

They begged and pleaded with me. "Please Joe, anything but chopping us up and making us into baked Japanese sweet potato fries." Since I'm a cruel vegetable murderer, I knew exactly what I had to do. Make the food version of the Pinwheel of Death.


A little salt and pepper and that's it. Fantastic. Like a sweet potato, but more clove-y.

I also made Isa's Old Fashioned Chocolate Pudding Pie. Well, sort of. In Warrensburg there are no vegan chocolate chips that I could find. I put in unsweetened chocolate instead of semisweet. Oops! This is ok because I reeeally like bitter foods. I eat baker's chocolate straight up. This also means I get to eat seven-eighths of the pie myself. The graham cracker complimented the slight bitterness in a nice way.


And finally to wrap things up (yeah, I went there) is this thing that resembles a burrito. Jasmine rice, curry cabbage and carrots, tomatoes, lettuce and parsley. 


Tomorrow I think I'm going to visit OccupyKC with my propane stove and make a big-ass pot of chili before or after the march. Sunday I'm looking into making the EBLTTT: Eggplant Bacon, Lettuce, Tomato on Texas Toast. Yes. Talk to ya soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment